This is the call we’ve all been waiting for. Red Bull Nordenskiöldsloppet 2021 will take place – but differently. The event is being split up in two parts: one race for licensed elite skiers and an opportunity for amateurs to challenge themselves in the tracks.
We understand that the uncertainty ahead of this year’s race must have been as big as the longing for standing at a starting line again. Some might even have started to miss queuing in the pre-race toilet line. At the same time as we’d like to thank you for your patience, we can also clarify some things. Finally.
After weeks filled with planning and adaptions of our race concept, we’ve now received green light that, based on the current guidelines from the authorities, we can carry out Red Bull Nordenskiöldsloppet in an adjusted form. In order to offer all participants the opportunity to take part, the race is split in two events (more detailed information can be found here as well as in our Q&A):
- Red Bull Nordenskiöldsloppet – Elite is arranged as a FIS-sanctioned competition with mass start for licensed elite skiers, including timekeeping, results list and award ceremony.
- All other participants are being offered the opportunity to ski Red Bull Nordenskiöldslopet – Adventure. The 220 km long track will be exclusively accessible for registered skiers. There won’t be an official result list. Individual timekeeping with chip however is mandatory. Also all energy stations are staffed.
- In order to avoid crowding, the start both for Elite and Adventure is moved to Jokkmokk.
- The start of Red Bull Nordenskiöldslopet – Adventure happens in small groups and there will be the opportunity to book time slots in the beginning of March.
- All participants to cover the whole distance in less than 21 hours and 22 minutes will receive a diploma and the Paava-Lasse medal. Time limit is still 30 hours from starting time.
- For those who can’t or don’t want to attend Red Bull Nordenskiöldsloppet – Adventure, we’re offering to move their starting places to the race 2022. This offer is valid until February 28 and doesn’t apply for free starting places.
Are you game? We’re looking forward to welcoming you in Jokkmokk. Due to the pandemic further changes might unfortunately come up. We can however promise you here and now that – even though we’re not able to host our ordinary race – we’ll do our very best so your experience will be as good as possible. It’s you that make the race. Now please keep on training.